Highlighted

Photoshop export as missing data

New Here ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having issues with 2019 version of photoshop, when exporting as?  From lightroom, I send image to photoshop by edit in function.  For the 2019 and 2018 version, the export as option is blank.  I had to download a previous version to 2017 to get the export as but now my images don't look as crisp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop export as missing data

New Here ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having issues with 2019 version of photoshop, when exporting as?  From lightroom, I send image to photoshop by edit in function.  For the 2019 and 2018 version, the export as option is blank.  I had to download a previous version to 2017 to get the export as but now my images don't look as crisp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natalie,

That shouldn't be happening, let us help make this right.

As the Export As feature is grayed out in Photoshop CC 2019, could you please let us know what image format are you sending from Lightroom to Photoshop?

Also, what operating system are you working on?

Have you tried resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps

Preferences in Photoshop

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac,

I struggled all night with uninstalling all applications and trying to

resolve the issue. In light room the image is raw CR2 or whatever canon

raw format is

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 11:07 AM Sahil.Chawla <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natalie, I have the same problem with Quick Export to jpeg. Not even the colorspace information is there. So the exported files have the wrong color space.

This seems to be since it was ported to the 64bit version or in May 2018 when the developent team was redirected to mobile apps development. This increases my workflow time by 30% to get around. Looking for a patch since then - Not very hopeful now in version 21.x.x still not addressed. The older version are long gone and not 64 bit to work on a MAC. No need to reply , if you don't a better work around then a script. Best regards. KO

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so we have it out of the way first, the standard output method in Photoshop is "Save As". Export is intended for web/screen/mobile devices only, usually small files where many file file properties are moot and irrelevant.

That said, I have never been able to understand the curious neglect of icc profiles in everything web-related in Adobe software. It's so consistent it looks like a policy. It's as if someone at Adobe decided that "the web is not color managed" - missing the fact that all major web browsers have had full color management for almost a decade.

Not only are both Save For Web and Export configured to disable all color management by default settings - but if you enable it, it doesn't even stick. You have to check those boxes every time.

And yes, Quick Export is no go. There is no way to embed the profile whatsoever. The same goes for all the derived functions like Generator. So for many of us, they are all totally useless.

It's weird and I can't explain it. Adobe is the industry standard in color management, but whenever the three letters "web" enter into it, it's all gone to the wind.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ottokar, do you also experience this issue if the file is coming from Lightroom?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you export a 16 or a 8bit per channel file from Lightroom?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines