Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop export: gradient banding

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I regularly design social media (linkedIn) images for my job. When I use a gradient as background, I get really bad gradient banding on Android phones (screenshot image attached). The weird thing is, the gradient banding doesn't happen in photoshop itself. Only when I export the image and upload it to LinkedIn. Me and my colleagues don't experience the gradient banding that bad on laptop/desktop screens or on Iphone, only Android screens (a little bit on desktop/ios screens, but I can live with that). I already tried different export options (PNG vs JPG, 8bit vs 16bit, bicubic automatic vs bicubic smoother, 300ppi vs 72 ppi). Also adding noise to the image doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong? Am I using the wrong settings? I'm aware that Android screens may have less screen quality than IOS or desktop, but I still want my social media images to be suitable for everyone. I can't believe there's no way to show a decent gradient on an Android phone. Maybe it has something to do with the compressing LinkedIn/Hootsuite does to the image, because it only becomes this bad when I post the image to social media,  but I still don't know how to tackle that problem.  I really hope someone can help me!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?