• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop exporting in larger file

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to export my file in Photoshop, the file size become much larger than what I first created the file to be. I will make a 4x6 file, and then it will export to 16x24. I changed the PPI to 72 as I saw some recommending that but then my file becomes blurry and grainy. How can I stop photoshop from doing this and export my file to the size I orginially created it to be? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop doesn't work with sizes. It works with pixels only. All you need to worry about is how many pixels wide by how many pixels high.

Size is a secondary, derived unit, resulting from whatever pixels per inch-number you assign to the file. Pixels per inch is a measure of pixel density on paper.

Export is for screen/web/mobile devices. Ppi is a print parameter, it does not apply on screen/web. So Export strips the ppi number altogether. An exported file does not have a ppi, and therefore it does not have a size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that but when I create my file as the pixels for a 4x6, it changes pixel size when I go to export the file and I can't figure out how to make that stop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be specific. How many pixels? How many pixels in the exported file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines