Photoshop extend background issue

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having issues extending background. This is the first time I am having issues with this. I do the following:

Set crop ratio to size wanted, use marquee tool to select area to extend, create own layer (command J), use free transform, extend out.

The issue is that instead of just extending horizontally out, it. expands and stretches. Any tips?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop extend background issue

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having issues extending background. This is the first time I am having issues with this. I do the following:

Set crop ratio to size wanted, use marquee tool to select area to extend, create own layer (command J), use free transform, extend out.

The issue is that instead of just extending horizontally out, it. expands and stretches. Any tips?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, I use Cloud, ssubscription based

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand what you have written expand and stitches.  What is stitched? Can you post a screen capture the show Photoshop UI palettes and image window?

Try using Canvas Size the expand the canvas the no need to use crop or duplicate the background layer.  Empty canvas is easy to add to the background. You can add canvas to 1, 2, 3, or 4 sides of  the Canvas  with Canvas size you can also crop with Canvas Size, with one canvas size step you can crop and add canvas.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0