• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Extensibility Enters a New Era Soon: How to Get Involved Early

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With UXP APIs coming to Photoshop this fall, we’ve got big plans for Creative Cloud extensibility. See our plans & learn about early access.With UXP APIs coming to Photoshop this fall, we’ve got big plans for Creative Cloud extensibility. See our plans & learn about early access.

Photoshop Extensibility Enters a New Era Soon: How to Get Involved Early  

Adobe continues to look to the future of Creative Cloud application extensibility. This fall, Photoshop will be launching with UXP and reimagined host app APIs.

We’d love to talk if you’re ready to port your existing Photoshop add-ons to UXP APIs or if you have a great idea for a new Photoshop feature you want to deliver with UXP APIs.

Get the Details and Survey here.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This all sounds well and good, but if you are releasing 21.1.2 with the SAME bugs as 21.1.1. then what’s the point of all this. Maybe Adobe needs to sit down and first of all release a version of Photoshop that actually works without all these bugs before they start talking about such “extensive” prospects. I have been reporting the SAME Photoshop bug to you people for over a month now and you have done NOTHING to fix it to date! It's franly pathetic that you guys are already pushing towards this supposed new bright future for photoshop when you can't even get this one workign properly. Photoshop CS3 was more reliable than the crap you're releasing now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I have been reporting the SAME Photoshop bug to you people for over a month now and you have done NOTHING to fix it to date!«

You might be having unrealistic expectations about bug-fixing timelines. 

That any particular bug gets fixed with the next point release is neither guaranteed nor should it be expected (in my opinion) and the next full version may be too far in the development-process to incorporate even relevant reported bugs …

Can you post a link to the Bug Report you are referring to? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very Amazing and Very Informative Artical we get alot of Informations from this artical we really appreciate your team work keep it up and keep posting such a informative articles.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm super excited about this and i really hope that you all are prioritizing a proper in-app marketplace for users to demo/purchase all the new UXP tools. There are huge opportunities here and i'd hate to see Adobe drop the ball when creating a vibrant 3rd party community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 questions -
1. Will UXP still be able to run JSX code similar to CEP?  I know it will run without JSX but wondering if running JSX will still be an option
2. Will JSX scripting itself be phased out entirely?  Not just from the perspective of plugins, but for JSX scripting in general with stand alone scripts.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understood how it works then 1: UXP is independent, 2: you'll be forced to forget the past methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pain. There is a huge difference between scripts as a product and scripts as user automations. The good thing about ExtendScript is that in 5 minutes you can sketch out a solution that will solve a specific problem. With UXP and CEP, this is basically impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you meaning that JSX will go away only for using with HTML panels? Or going away altogether, even for stand alone scripts that don't get used with panels? 

I looked at the UPX documentation.  I can't find any extensive programming guide for the new JS.  There is the new getting started with UXP but it is nowhere near deep enough in the programming aspect for the JS that will replace JSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They both will go away, and any of them in newer releases will not be available, only UXP. Try to join Photoshop Prerelease Program for more informations, I mean mainly to participate in UXP...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a link for where to sign up for the program?  I just did a google search but I'm not finding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best that I could do for you was to answer for your E-Mail as I know you are trusted member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines