• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop file corrupted shortly after creating

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been editing some old family photos, nothing crazy complicated, and recently after finishing one it somehow got corrupted and now looks like this. No layer information, no nothing. I tried searching in the AutoSave and Temp folders to see if I could find a non-corrupted version, but those folders are empty. Any idea on how I can recover this file, or is it just bad luck and it's gone? Why did this happen in the first place? 

System info: 

Photoshop 2020 v 21.2.0

Mac OS Catalina v10.15.7, on iMac (late 2015 model)

File size: 31.2mb

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 5.40.44 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File corruption is always caused by failing hardware. A disk about to fail, bad RAM, loose cables or connectors, etc. You need to identify the failing piece of hardware and replace it. Make backups ASAP before the corruption spreads too widely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know, I will run a time machine backup ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines