• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop file got completely changed to another I had open

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a file (file a) but needed to get the font I used in a previous file (file b), so I opened the PSD for a previous piece, clicked on the layer with the text, and noted the font I used. However, when I went back to the other file (file a), all the layers and work was just a copy of the previous file (file b). I closed it and opened it back up, but file a is still a copy of file b. A lot of hard work was lost, and this only happened a few minutes ago. 

Is there any way to restore file a to its original state? I tried the history icon but it didn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Hello, first time I hear about such issue! are you on a Mac, a Pc? If you had saved the file, you might use time machine (if you set it up) on a Mac to go to that earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, first time I hear about such issue! are you on a Mac, a Pc? If you had saved the file, you might use time machine (if you set it up) on a Mac to go to that earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac, and YES I do have a time machine. I was able to get an older version. I lost some of the work I did, but it's much better than working from scratch. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, which version of Photoshop do you have, please give more information, you can post the top part of help>System info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is currently happening to me! Did you ever find the problem/solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines