• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop file open as Black screen?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I recently purchase the Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 card runing Windows 10. Installed the latest Photoshop from cloud and when I opened a file it all masked in black. I had no problem on my imac 27" 2020 version with the latest photoshop update. 

I have read up on the community post and tried all different ways to change the setting of disabling the graphics processor, update the Nvidia drivers, renamed the UXP folder, basically tried everything if not once but a few times over and over and I still cant get it to work.

I needed the photoshop to work on the laptop so that I can work on the go. Please help with any suggestion and carrying a imac 27" on my back to see client is not an option!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Can you go into the Control Panel in Windows and check the Colour Management to see if there's a colour profile assigned, change it to the below if there is one and add it if there's nothing there

2020-09-03 15_27_08-Window.png

2020-09-03 15_27_43-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

More than likely you'll have dual GPU's on that system, have you updated the Intel UHD Graphics 630 GPU driver, also try installing the Studio driver from the Nvidia website instead of the Game Ready and performing a clean install from the advanced options.

2020-09-04 11_55_27-Window.png

2020-07-08 08_12_26-Downloads.png

2020-07-08 08_11_04-Downloads.png

Also take a look here, especially section 7

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#Troubleshoot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

I have update the Intel driver to the latest ver. 27.20.100.8587 (5/8/2020) and clean reinstalled the Nevidia Studio Driver ver. 452.06 (8/18/2020)

Reboot the computer and still having the same problem with photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you take look at section 7 in the link I posted above

Windows:

NVIDIA:

a. Right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose the NVIDIA control panel.

b. Click Manage 3D settings.

c. Click Program Settings and add Photoshop.exe and sniffer.exe. Change the preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor.

Also try deleting the preferences file from this location
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings
2020-09-04 12_45_18-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Just followed all your instructions and still the same. Any file I try open still having the black mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (4).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-09-04 132331.pngAnnotation 2020-09-04 132411.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! Thanks Ged,

Finally sorted the problem. OMG I was about to rub my cat butt all over the zenbook and send it back to ASSUS lol Many thanks!Annotation 2020-09-04 133535.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL I should have ask for the screenshot first, glad you got it sorted 🙂

Edit: you can enable the GPU now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged, already enabled the GPU

Running smoothly now and dont need involve my cats butt! lol

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Omg you just saved me. I have the same computer with the same issue and this fixed it after hours of trying things. Can I send you moneys for a drink on me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go into the Control Panel in Windows and check the Colour Management to see if there's a colour profile assigned, change it to the below if there is one and add it if there's nothing there

2020-09-03 15_27_08-Window.png

2020-09-03 15_27_43-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ufff almost one day with this problem and thins finally worked! Same computer same photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been through so many trails and all errors before getting here. Now, it's fixed. I made both Advanced color and regular color defaults to the perscribed setting and it's working perfectly. Wow. Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines