• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop file won't save

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PSD open that I have been continuously working in, but it says that it's Saving 0%

It appears to be trying to save but it's been sitting on 0% for over 24 hours.

I can still export and save to web etc and I can continue working in the file and editing it and adding to it etc, but I just can't save the file.

A message keeps appearing saying 'Could not complete the Save command because the document is currently being saved in the background. Please try the operation again after the save has been completed.'

But it's been on 0% for over 24 hours now and I have done more work to this document which I'll lose if I force quit.

What can I do ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file corrupt? Or does the application need to have the preferences reset? Let's check the file first:

1. Go to the history panel and click on the create new document button. Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 10.54.42 AM.png.

2. Try saving the new file. See if this new file saves with no problem.

If the file is not saving then let's check your User Preferences:

1. You can try the same file under a different user (system user).

2. If it does not have the problem, Let's reset your preferences. (you can also just Reset your Preferences.

3. Go to the Preferences dialog box. Photoshop CC>Preferences> General (mac) or Edit>Preferences> General (pc)

4. Click on the Reset Preferences On Quit button. Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 10.59.02 AM.png Then choose OK to get out of the Preferences.

5. Quit out of Photoshop then Restart.

One of those things should fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save my Photoshop file. Not the current one, at least.  I can save a new file.  I cannot save the current one, though, even though it is a rather simple file (a few layers, some with text, others with images, nothing special).  If I go "file -> save", I won't get an error message or anything, but nothing happens.  Same, if I try to save under a different file name, to a different location or both.  Nothing.  I did the "reset preferences on quit", didn't change the situation.  Really weird.  Sure, I can quit out of Photoshop, the Restart, but that obviously means loosing my current work.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I found out the following (still no solution, though): my current file contains 3D text layers.  If I delete them, I can save my Photoshop project ( as .psd ), but if I leave them, I cannot save them. I also cannot duplicate these 3D text layers to, say, a new project. Really weird. What is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you remove the the 3d text layers? did u ever find a solution to saving your file? i have a very large file with several layers and it is doing exactly what happened to you, only staying at 0%...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried resetting preferences, I have deleted the program and reinstalled it from scratch, The only way I can get it to create a new doc is via the use legacy option which works, but clicking of save or save as does not work, I can export and I get the option to save if I crash out using the X shut document button.

But this is not right I've been using PS for decades and never had this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same exact thing happened to me. Everything was working just fine, and then one day it decided it didn't want to save anything. Everything works, but I can't make new documents without using the legacy setting either. I also can't save or save as. The only thing I can do is export as a .jpeg or .png or something that causes destructive edits. I have a class that's ending in two weeks and I need this problem solved before then. I've been searching for countless hours but have only found unanswered forums like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[cursing removed by moderator] , i have the exact same thing. my finals due in a week and all of a sudden my cs6 version decided to remain at 0% saving. did u ever find a solution?

[keep your language civil]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0cm;<br> margin-bottom:.0001pt;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;<br> margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br>-->

I called Adobe support they remoted in to my PC downloaded a couple of packages one was the Creative Cloud Cleaner, they then deleted every programme ran the cleaner and once all reference to CC was off the computer (quite a process). Restarted the PC and installed CC again. I then picked up the rest of the programmes I use and they all worked fine after that. One good side effect was that having taken all the redundancy off my PC the process released 80Gb of space and sped the machine up.

Good Luck

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Katie 

"1. Go to the history panel and click on the create new document button."

worked perfectly first time. I had a 2gig file with many artboards - would've been very bad to have lost it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You solved my problem. I had to 'reset my preferences' but it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie,

I have the same problem and tried your solution "Go to the history panel and click on the create new document button." It worked but when I want to save it, I can not choose every file format (I want to save it as a Photoshop file). My options are: Large Document Format (psb), Jpeg, Photoshop RAW, Tiff and png. 

I'm I doing something wrong and is there a way to save it as photoshop file? 

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving it as a large document file will preserve all of your layers and effects the same way a .PSD would, it's just basically a .psd file for files that have outgrown the .psd format. Save it large format and you'll be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also called Adobe support, they remoted my mac, went to the folder library>application support>adobe and renamed a folder from "UXP" to "˜UXP", and It is now working... I don't know exactly what they did...

I really recomend to contact support to solve these kind of troubles...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thank you so much for posting this here. I was not able to Open files by cmd+O neither save or save as, but renamed the folder "UXP" to "˜UXP" and now everything works fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go through those answers. Still: nothing works. Photoshop does not let me save my files. I spent hours to solve that (actually days byb going through all those suggestions). I have to find other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally agree w/matheusd38472509. Thank you for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issue—but for one file only. Can't save as due to "saving in the background" along with another can't save due to "disc error". I can export the file but it gets flattened, BUT I found success by placing all layers into one folder and duplicating that folder into a new photoshop document. That new document saves fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon, 

Do you remember how you closed the document that wouldn't save? I can't even close out of photoshop because it wants me to save it, yet I can't save it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes me too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or save with a new name in a new directory with alpha-numeric characters in the file and folder names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue, Idon't want to lose the work I did on this file, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restoring IPC, it did work for me.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC

I HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU 😆

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is an old thread and no community experts are responding.  you all should be starting new posts in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines