• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop files are grainy all of a sudden

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping that someone can tell me what I did wrong -- I opened an old file that I never had problems with before, in fact the project was finished and printed without any problems.  I reopened the file a year later because a client wanted to re-use the photo and all of a sudden the gradients look like this (attached screenshot).  I thought it was with all files but if I open or create new files, the gradients are smooth.  Can someone tell me what I did wrong before I have to re-create the whole image?  when I view the same file in bridge, there is no graininess at all.  Would appreciate any thoughts on this - thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 2.46.09 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Is the gradient on a separate layer and is that layer set to Dissolve blend mode instead of Normal blend mode, and is the layer at less than 100% Opacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like dissolve blending in drop shadow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - I did think it was just the filters but when i tried creating a new gradient on a new layer - I still got the same effect.... I can't understand what happened, when this was finished a year ago it was all smooth -- any tips on what I should do?  I really don't have a lot of time to re-create/retouch the entire photo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the gradient on a separate layer and is that layer set to Dissolve blend mode instead of Normal blend mode, and is the layer at less than 100% Opacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I missed out on one layer that was set on dissolve that changed everything!!! thank you thank you - I can breathe now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that worked for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines