• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Files Freezing at Random Intervals

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting this again, I posted this on the other forum I believe, but this one seems more active.

Hi. I saw https://www.reddit.com/r/photoshop/comments/mej7li/photoshop_version_223_unusable_when_it_was_idle/ this post the other day, on the Photoshop subreddit, and I've been having exactly the same problem with my Photoshop. After a seemingly random amount of time, my file seems to freeze up, allows me to click on tools, but tools do not work on the canvas, and the canvas doesn't update. It still allows me to save, and even open a new file. But the file doesn't work until I close and restart.

I recorded the bug on my phone last time it happened, here are some videos of it.

My system specs are: AMD Ryzen 3700 processor,

32gb 3200mhz Ram, Recently upgraded from 16gb, but didn't help the crashing.

RTX 3070

b550m ds3h ac motherboard

1tb Intel m.2 nvme ssd

+Wacom Cintiq 2.

I recently upgraded from a laptop that never had this issue. Seeing someone else having the same issue has me wondering if it is a photoshop bug. I have tried a lot of troubleshooting, reinstalled photoshop and earlier versions, Wacom drivers, updated my BIOS even, reset windows, and I have the latest nvidia Studio drivers. Thanks! I hope we can figure this out, I've tweaked many settings in photoshop performance as well, but no dice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just about to write a post regarding the exactly same issue (for what I saw in your youtube links) with photoshop 22.3.0 

I also tried some of the same possible solutions you mention (reinstalling photoshop, wacom driver, nvidia studio driver and play with the PS performance settings) but nothing seems to make any difference. I know in some post they recommend to set the GPU option off but that's a horrible walkaround. 

I've a new PC recently build by myself:

Ryzen 5600X

16gb 3200mhz (2x8) ram

MSI b550m pro vdh motherboard

Kingston A2000 Nvme M.2

GTX 1650 Super

and a Wacom One display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I'm glad other people are having the same problem, my hardware is brand new and working great for everything else, So I'm beginning to think it is on Adobe's end. You, me, and the reddit user all have nvidia cards. Only thing I can see in common. So that I can work hitch free, I will turn off gpu usage for now, and see if it works. But I have a nice new card, and it would be a shame if photoshop just doesn't like it lol. I feel like it should work. Scrubby zoom will be sorely missed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines