Photoshop files won't open after saving saying you do not have permission.

Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working off of a Microsoft work server on a Win 10 PC, doing edits and when I save a file it won't let me save another revision of the same file saying I don't have permission to save the file. So when I save it under a new name, the file dissapears from the server and when it pops back up,  I try to open the previous version it says the file is either open in another application or it's locked because I don't have permission to open it.  

I've turned off some firewalls like it mentioned in another thread but the files are completely gone from my server. No one else is working on these files and they were not saved somewhere else (other then my desktop). So I know 100% that I saved them to the server. 

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop files won't open after saving saying you do not have permission.

Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working off of a Microsoft work server on a Win 10 PC, doing edits and when I save a file it won't let me save another revision of the same file saying I don't have permission to save the file. So when I save it under a new name, the file dissapears from the server and when it pops back up,  I try to open the previous version it says the file is either open in another application or it's locked because I don't have permission to open it.  

I've turned off some firewalls like it mentioned in another thread but the files are completely gone from my server. No one else is working on these files and they were not saved somewhere else (other then my desktop). So I know 100% that I saved them to the server. 

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 07, 2020 0

Have something to add?