• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop font filter not working on new 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't filter fonts in new Photoshop 2021. Only works on the "All Classes" option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. What exactly is happening when select something else other than "All Classes" under filter? Could you please share the screenshot of what you see?

Also, you may try reset Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t 

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is a screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 12.26.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can vouch that it's not working for me either, this update is causing more issues than i'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a joke now....any update on this ?i've tried all the above doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rely heavily on this and use it all day long on the visuals we create for our clients. I still have Photoshop 2020 installed and I resorted to using it for the time being. Hopefully, this gets down the pipeline and the bug gets resolved in future updates.

I didn't mention this before, but while transforming objects or selecting color range, I had the 2021 version crash multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find a solution? I am running Catalina and I dont remember when my filters stopped working. It doesn't do it on my windows laptop though. Just updated PS again to 23.2.2 hoping it would fix it but didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no follow-up from Adobe? Why do so many of their updates cause the software to [cursing removed] people's days up? Such an expensive software for how frequently updates absolutely[cursing removed]. Going back to the actually functional 2020 Photoshop. [abuse removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has never been fixed. In March or April, tech support couldn't figure it out through remote control of my system, and no one answers us here. I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled it, it's all up to date, and Windows 10 is kept up to date. I have about 2,000 fonts, so I need this to work. Why does every option say "no classes found?" Deleting the caches hasn't worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me in Win 10, PS v23.3.1 for all filters.

Are all of your fonts Open Type?

Maybe it refuses when they are not, which you could surely consider a bug — even if PS only wants Open Type.

ogBxmph9k4.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most recent PS. The all filters has not been an issue. It's when I need to sort by script, handwritten, serif, etc. that it says it "no matches found." No, some of my fonts are ttf too. This was never a problem until February or March. It's really annoying. I ran Autoruns, and it says Adobe Type Manager file not found: atmfd.dll. The date is November 11, 2021 and it's under the heading Drivers.

This is what I'd seen early in the year, too, and I asked the tech who was remotely controlling my computer, but they never responded. I had asked several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, I had been using 2021 but uninstalled it to use version 2022. The 2021 is what I was using when the issue began. I don't remember the version, but I think it was something with .5.4??? I had to uninstall it because my computer is opening some files with it instead of 2022, despite setting the newest version as the main program to open the images. When I look in file explorer at the open with, it is not always listing it, though. Therefore, I open the file from Photoshop 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! Adobe please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this is now working since the last 2 updates. Are you running the current versions? I'm on Big Sur running the current version and all is working well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, it's so annoying.

Deleting "CT Font Cache and Font Feature Cache" folders works but if i restart the photoshop the problem restarts too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out? I have contacted support so many times over the past few months to the point of canceling my subscription and trying other programs. Why aren't they fixing this? My Windows 10 is updated and I have the latest version of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines