Highlighted

Photoshop font outlining duplicating a layer to create a clear outline around the text for a t-shirt

Participant ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost the post a very nice person helped me immensily and lives far far away.  Im working with some text in Photoshop CC 2020 and in the past I could duplicate a layer as prescribed by this wonder miracle worker and then delete the original layer of text and it would create the perfect "clear" outline around the lettering.  I used it so much as it worked like a champ and i did it so much I learned how to efficently do the process as he suggested without going back to his video - which was priceless!  Of course I havent done it in awhile and I can't remember the sequence.  Would appreciate any and all help and I promise to hopefully not drive everyone crazy..  Thanks so much!  Here following are the best examples.  It looks like a pinstripe surrounding the font - but that little pinstripe actually cuts through the layer underneath and it is clear - so the "pinstripe" being printed on a red t-shirt for example would appear as a "red Pinstripe" because the "outline" layser has puched a hole through the bottom layer... I did something with the duplicated layer and then turned of its original layer leaving this perfect outline that cuts through the layers beneath it... probably reduntant - cant remember one step he showed me how to achive waht I was looking for - and I had control over how thick the "pinstripe" could be outside the font _ if I remember correctly... (Macbook Pro - Photoshop CC 2018 I believe at the time -

now on Photoshop 2020 CC

I found it from Bojan Živković - a true master of Photoshop CC and much much more -  thanks so much again Bojan -  Here is the link for exactly what I was attempting to do!!! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGqAQOqKRsA&feature=youtu.be

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop font outlining duplicating a layer to create a clear outline around the text for a t-shirt

Participant ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost the post a very nice person helped me immensily and lives far far away.  Im working with some text in Photoshop CC 2020 and in the past I could duplicate a layer as prescribed by this wonder miracle worker and then delete the original layer of text and it would create the perfect "clear" outline around the lettering.  I used it so much as it worked like a champ and i did it so much I learned how to efficently do the process as he suggested without going back to his video - which was priceless!  Of course I havent done it in awhile and I can't remember the sequence.  Would appreciate any and all help and I promise to hopefully not drive everyone crazy..  Thanks so much!  Here following are the best examples.  It looks like a pinstripe surrounding the font - but that little pinstripe actually cuts through the layer underneath and it is clear - so the "pinstripe" being printed on a red t-shirt for example would appear as a "red Pinstripe" because the "outline" layser has puched a hole through the bottom layer... I did something with the duplicated layer and then turned of its original layer leaving this perfect outline that cuts through the layers beneath it... probably reduntant - cant remember one step he showed me how to achive waht I was looking for - and I had control over how thick the "pinstripe" could be outside the font _ if I remember correctly... (Macbook Pro - Photoshop CC 2018 I believe at the time -

now on Photoshop 2020 CC

I found it from Bojan Živković - a true master of Photoshop CC and much much more -  thanks so much again Bojan -  Here is the link for exactly what I was attempting to do!!! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGqAQOqKRsA&feature=youtu.be

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2020 0
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to Adobe Forums question: Cutting out a transparent edge to layer below https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2467841

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0