Highlighted

Photoshop for making children's books?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering what the standard industry practice was for this. My specific questions are:

- Would you have your entire book in one PSD file (with page spreads as separate artboards), or have each page spread as a separate document?

- Does the layout finish with Photoshop, or is it better to put everything into InDesign? And if this is the case, which file type should you export as from Photoshop?

- Bonus question, more about publishing itself... do publishers accept double-page spreads as you've illustrated them, or do they need to be rearranged so it appears how it would when printed on separate sheets?

It would be great to hear from someone who has illustrated/edited/published a children's book this way. Any further tips are also welcome 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop for making children's books?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering what the standard industry practice was for this. My specific questions are:

- Would you have your entire book in one PSD file (with page spreads as separate artboards), or have each page spread as a separate document?

- Does the layout finish with Photoshop, or is it better to put everything into InDesign? And if this is the case, which file type should you export as from Photoshop?

- Bonus question, more about publishing itself... do publishers accept double-page spreads as you've illustrated them, or do they need to be rearranged so it appears how it would when printed on separate sheets?

It would be great to hear from someone who has illustrated/edited/published a children's book this way. Any further tips are also welcome 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0

Have something to add?