• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freeze?

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started with the latest update, but anytime I want to use levels, colour balance or open other panels of the like, Photoshop just stops responding and freezes. I have to force quit every time. Anyone else having this problem? Also, If Photoshop ever stopped responding before, it would show (not responding) in the force quit dialogue. It's not showing that this time so I don't actually know if it's crashed or it's something else. Anyone? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Having this same issue since updating. Absolutely infuriating when have a giant work queue, and then an update like this makes such a critical program crap the bed. This is critical bug that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm working fine with the latest update. Have you tried to reset the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Very frustrating. Commenting to get notified about a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Here is a link to another post that has a very similar issue that I thought you would want to read:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/hue-saturation-or-brightness-contrast-options-generate-a-ph...

Let us know if this helps or if the issue persists.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Color Balance completely freezes Photoshop. I'm not getting the "Not Responding" error, either, and the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons don't work, so I have no choice but to force-quit. 

I found another post about the same issue and they said to disable Rulers as a workaround. I just tried it and it's working (for now). Hopefully it'll get resolved soon. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-gets-stuck-on-color-correction-tools/td-p/1115217...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have started getting the same issue today. Wasted a couple of hours and unable to progress with urgent work. The first  crash happened when using the colpur balance palette. For a moment, the sliders became "sticky" and jumped around with the cursor then they became totally unresponsive. Then I realised that the whole program had frozen. I had to use the force quit command. There were no notifications or warnings at the time – and no automatic acknowledgment and request for a crash report when I reopened the program. I am using Mac 10.15.3 with Photoshop 21.1.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines