• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes in skin retouching (macbook pro)

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, im going crazy. 

My PS is freezing for several weeks during The photo edition, specialy when i use The tools to make skin retouching like brush tools and clamp.

The freezing happens suddenly, that spinning wheel farol macbook starts and I need to wait  The PS crashes or forced closing. 

I have talked to 3 guys from adobe in chat and anyone fixed This issue. 

The 1st guy asked to update catalina to bigsur, and the issue remains. 

The 2nd guy have accessed my macbook pro 2018 touchbar, made some changes in PS system folders, and the freezing still happening. 

The 3rd guy told me that my graphics were not able to use The PS last updates, but he was wrong cause my MacBook Pro a 2018 model and i checked The graphics is compatíble with The last versions from photoshop. 

I dont know WHAT I CAN DO ANYMORE!

im a photographer from brazil who has big clients and deadlines to deliver The jobs and adobe brazil doesnt provides me a decent support via telephone in portuguese and always asked to talk with this TERRIBLE guys from The chat!! 

i need to help! Sorry for my poor english, that was a long time i dont write in english. 

Machine specs: 

macboor pro 2018 touchbar 

was running Catalina, now is running bigsur (but The issue starts with Catalina) 

16gb ram 256 ssd 

thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting and performance so far? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping me. 

But, if I disable The graphics proccessor, o will not lose many functions from PS???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is diagnostics; if it makes a difference then the problem is likely with the GPU driver. 

In which case you can try to update that or roll back to a Photoshop 21.x.x (after backing up all your presets etc.) to see if the issue affects that, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've already instaled The version 21.2.7 and didnt fix The issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot turn off The graphics processor cause I use The líquify function in my edition process and The face recognize and other features dont work with The graphics turned off. 

I just dont know WHAT ELSE I CAN DO TO FIX THIS ISSUE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the face-aware features in Liquify unsatisfactory, so I would see no big loss there. 

But if working without GPU usage makes a difference (and I am not sure you ever made a clear statement on this) the decision is yours – do you prefer fewer crahes or using a the face-aware liquify? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a question of option

I need PS running perfectly with all The features working, cause I need all of them in my workflow and I pay adobe for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever had a tool (more complex that a hammer for example) that worked perfectly all the time? 

Well, Photoshop has gotten pretty complex by now and, while I am not denying that Adobe’s product teams’ bug fixing performance leaves something to be desired, I am not sure you or I are qualified to actually determine if the problem is Adobe’s doing or Macintosh’s or the GPU/driver makers’ … 

And if your workflow truly depends on what I consider sub-par features like face-aware liquify then you may have to work on that. 

And again: What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting and performance so far? 

Does your GPU meet the requirements? (Though hopefully the Adobe reps should have checked that.) 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Photoshop 2021 try using Photoshop 2020 Adobe seems to be having problems with the new GPU support in Photoshop 2021.  Many are using Photoshop 2020 for there are too many issues in Photoshop 2021.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP stated 

»i've already instaled The version 21.2.7 and didnt fix The issue. «

so they seem to have tried Photoshop 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That issue still happenins, i dont know what else i can do...Im desperate

The last time, PS sends the log error, but i did not understand nothing.Captura de Tela 2021-05-10 às 19.51.42.pngCaptura de Tela 2021-05-10 às 19.48.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines