Highlighted

Photoshop freezes up when accessing preferences

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When accessing preferences and checking workspace or interface or any thing else, once I click on the item, photoshop freezes. The only path in the menu that is accessible it Window. I can not close photoshop, I have to use alt/f4 and hit it twice. Still waiting on Adobe support??????????? I have tried several times to use alt/shift/ctrl to reset preferences, this does not work!!!!!

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is freezing while trying to access the workspace or app preferences. 

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what is your operating system?

Would you mind updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version and also ensure that Photoshop is updated to the latest version (Photoshop 21.2.2).

You may check out the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#graphics 

Thanks, 

Akash

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop freezes up when accessing preferences

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When accessing preferences and checking workspace or interface or any thing else, once I click on the item, photoshop freezes. The only path in the menu that is accessible it Window. I can not close photoshop, I have to use alt/f4 and hit it twice. Still waiting on Adobe support??????????? I have tried several times to use alt/shift/ctrl to reset preferences, this does not work!!!!!

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is freezing while trying to access the workspace or app preferences. 

Would you mind updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version and also ensure that Photoshop is updated to the latest version (Photoshop 21.2.2).

You may check out the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#graphics 

Thanks, 

Akash

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks, 

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback...The problem has been resolved. I just installed the latest update 21.2.2 and updated my graphics card driver. It seems that somehow, the apps were opening, but on the second monitor that was turned off Once the second monitor was turned on, I saw the apps and moved them over to Photoshop on the main monitor. I am sure I am not the first one to have
this error. Again, thank you
Stan.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Stan. Glad to know the updating the app has fixed the issue.

Regards,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0