• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes when copying image from acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest Photoshop 2021 and Acrobat DC on Macbook Pro M1. First open a pdf in acrobat, copy an image from the pdf, then open Photoshop, then click new, photoshop will freeze. If some texts are copied right now, and flush out the image, Photoshop gets back to work.

It seems that  as long as there's an image in clipboard, Photoshop can't start a new project. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

What happens if you right-click the image with the Selection tool in Acrobat and Save Image As..., then open the saved image in Photoshop?

jane-e_1-1618102160738.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you right-click the image with the Selection tool in Acrobat and Save Image As..., then open the saved image in Photoshop?

jane-e_1-1618102160738.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works fine. It only freezes if copying from Acrobat directly. Copying image from Finder also works fine. After more tests it seems like a bug of Acrobat rather than Photoshop. I tried to copy an image from Acrobat to Microsoft PowerPoint, then PowerPoint freezed as well. I'm sorry that I file this bug in wrong section. I'll open another post under Acrobat. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Christopher Sun ,

I'll try to test copying from Acrobat a little later today to see if it freezes for me, but I have to say it's not in my practice to copy an image from one application to another, as you don't get the full resolution. It's a best practice to save the image.

What is your OS?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing happening here, I'm also using a M1 Big Sur. I noticed PS crashes everytime I copy an image from an external source (like a PDF file, but also from a web page). As soon as I open PS and create a new file (in order to paste the copied image), PS freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @julianapadron 

What happens if you right-click the image on the web or in the PDF and properly save it to your hard drive, then use File > Open in Photoshop. When you copy from the web or a PDF, you are not getting the full resolution of the image.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine when I first save the image and then open it in PS. However, sometimes is more convenient and quickier to simply copy/paste the image. But as far as I can remember, not pretty sure about it, when I copy an image from a PDF file and paste it in PS, I do get the image in its full resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving it will give you the full resolution and is a best practice. If you want all the images in Acrobat, you can export them all out with one command. If it's just one, then right-click and save it to re-use it elsewhere.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your point, and that's what I'm doing now, but it would so much better if the software don't crash with a simple copy command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. You can report that to Adobe. Does it crash no matter where you copy from? Word? PowerPoint? Illustrator? Be sure to tell the developers your OS and your PS version (exact) when you make the report.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,I've posted an issue in Acrobat section: Solved: Re: Copying image using selection tool causes othe... - Adobe Support Community - 11961248. The official seemed to imply it's a bug and will be fixed with M1 version of Acrobat. I tried to reply to you earlier but couldn't post it for some network error. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Christopher Sun 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines