Highlighted

Photoshop freezes when server freezes

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working from home, I download lots of large files from the work server onto my desktop. The server is really slow and often freezes my finder for 5-10 mins at a time before resuming activity. Usually, I can continue working with Photoshop while downloading because I work directly off my desktop. Recently, Photoshop has started to freeze whenever the server/finder freezes as well. I don't double click files so its not trying to open anything. Not sure if PS is trying to preview files on the server and is there a way to prevent that? Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop freezes when server freezes

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working from home, I download lots of large files from the work server onto my desktop. The server is really slow and often freezes my finder for 5-10 mins at a time before resuming activity. Usually, I can continue working with Photoshop while downloading because I work directly off my desktop. Recently, Photoshop has started to freeze whenever the server/finder freezes as well. I don't double click files so its not trying to open anything. Not sure if PS is trying to preview files on the server and is there a way to prevent that? Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0

Have something to add?