• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes when trying to duplicate layer

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 2021 22.2.0 on a Windows 10 machine.  Every time I try to duplicate a layer, Photoshop freezes and the only way to get out of it is to use ctrl/alt/delete.  How can I fix this so that I can get back to editing.

Thanks 

Wayne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your graphic card driver up to date?

does that happen in this specific file or in every document?

have you tried resetting photoshop preferences settings ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mohammad for the advice. Resetting my preferences worked. Learn
something new everyday. Can't any better than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I made sure my graphics card driver was up to date and tried resetting my PS preferences. I'm still having the same issue. Do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This same issue has ruined so many days at work for me. and yesterday i have FINALLY discovered what that was (it would happen when i dublicate layers or using other tools). When you use 2 screens sometimes the notification window which comes up when pressing on some tool (that little window which asks for more specs before it executes the function) - well that little window sometimes kinda falls inbetween the screens, i know sounds crazy but its true. So i disconnected the second screen and then i see a corner of that window at the bottom or side of my screen - drag it to your main screen press whatever you have to press and move on with life. IM SOOOO relieved i discovered this, because now i see how often that happens. So its not frozen it just wants you to click smth you dont even see... I hope it helps some of you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BRO! That sometimes happens to me too but since task manager showed "not responding" I thought it wasn't the case this time. Either way I disconnected the HDMI and VOILÁ! While there wasn't a little window as sometimes, it just simply went back to normal and I was able to save my work. Thank you brother, may you never lose unsaved work in your journey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines