• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Freezes whenever resizing an image or shape

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop started acting up today and won't stop, whenever i try to resize an image or shape, it simply freezes, and i have to terminate the application with task manager, any ideas? I have gone as far as to re-installing, to no avail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest resetting preferences whenever Photoshop acts up and you know you did not change anything.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is freezing while resizing an image. Which version of Photoshop are you using and on which operating system? Would you mind taking a look at this article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html and let us know if the mentioned solutions help the cause? 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Ive just tried to reduce a picture and it froze. Could not do anything after that. I also had to kill the app on the control panel.

Im using the latest version thats on the creative cloud 21.1.2 20200410.r.136 2020/04/10

What resolved this situation for me was Disabling the GPU use. Deselect Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just disabled the GPU use and it worked! thanks so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well - many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling gpu dosent help either. 
using photoshop 22.0 on iMac 27" with 2 GB amd radion and 8GB memory. Have plenty of free space available on the drive. Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem with the latest version of Photoshop 2020.  I can crop, add layers, manage brightness, contrast, etc. to an image but when I try to resize it and click OK the program freezes. This never happened in Photoshop 2019 and I am using the identical steps in an attempt to resize and image. 

Chanor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.2.1 20200716.r.265 2020/07/16 has just been released. See if that fixes it. Disabling the GPU is a troubleshooting step, but not good in the long run. You lose OPenGL features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - running OS Catalina 10.15.6, Wacom tablet is up to date, latest version of PS. Freezes off and on while either resizing, using fonts, brightening or darkening depending on how it feels that day. Hugely frustrated. I tried the above suggestions and so far nothing has helped. Like the OP I have to force quit, and sometimes that doesn't work so I have to shut down.  Should I just reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was solved by purchasing a new computer with more memory. Now Photoshop 2020 works perfectly.

------------------------------------------------------------
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
=================================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same thing. I am unable to resize any photos without it crashing.  I tried allowing photoshop to use more memory, and then the suggestion to reset preferences on quit.  Any other fixes? I am using version 22.3.1 20210406.r.122 990be2c x64 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me. impossible to crop a photo in photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same thing. I think since the last CC update (that happened last week). I reset the preferences and GPU is disabled. Windows 10 Pro. Version 22.31 updated 5 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow. I did not experienced it. Can you send us the detailsof memory? Platform? 

Etc... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 16 GB installed RAM on an ASUS PC AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 GHz. Windows 10.

I've reset the preferences and the GPU is disabled. I believe what fixed it last time was uninstalling and then reinstalling Photoshop, but now it's happened again (I can't crop an image and trying to do so crashes Photoshop). I have the latest version 22.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reduced the amount of RAM Photoshop could use and then crop worked. Preferences > Performance > Memory Usage. Set it at maximum of ideal range (10729).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! Setting mem to max ideal range worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem renders Photoshop useless.  Image Size results in momentary flash of the resize window/dialog box then PS is frozen,  must be killed by Task Manager.  This began to occur recently, ~2-4 weeks.

CS6  13.0.1 x64  "up-to-date"

Windows 10 Pro 20H2  "up-to-date"  build 19041.985

No h/w changes:

i7-7700K 4.20GHz, 32.0GB RAM

I've reset Preferences, and changed available RAM, so far Easteregging hasn't worked!  In the case of Windows, did Windows update clobber something?  Can someone at Adobe reproduce this, and actually troubleshoot it please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my CS6 Preferences are hidden at the bottom of the Edit menu, once found under General there is no way to do a Reset.

Just delete the .psp file, PS will generate a new one:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings

This doesn't fix the Image Size freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, Adobe needs to work on display resolution:

3 Displays--

CS6 image resize freeze doesn't occur if CS6 window is on Display 1 or 3 @ 1920X1200.  (Dell 24")

CS6 launches on the middle Display 3 @ 3840X2160 and freezes if image resize is selected.  (LG Wide Screen 34")

If LG Display 3 On-Screen Control is set to 2/3--1/3 , CS6 image resize freeze doesn't occur if CS6 is in the 2/3 partition.

What is it that Adobe Photoshop CS6 doesn't like about 3840X2160 ?

This display config was installed Oct 2020 and CS6 worked fine until sometime in May 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine does the same thing crashes every time I try to resize. I have tried all the solutions suggested in this forum, but none worked. The resize works in Photoshop 6.0, which I still have on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CS6 and when I added a 3rd ultra-wide monitor I began to experience "Image Size freeze" when the CS6 window was located on the ultra-wide.  All was good if I remembered to keep CS6 on one of my 24" monitors.  Eventually I figured out that CS6 doesn't freeze at all,  you're supposed to change the Width/Height in the Image Size pop-up, then click "OK".  You know that!  Just right click on the Task Bar, click "Cascade Windows", find the Image Size pop-up, and move it on-screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines