• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded and installed Photoshop CS6 but when I run it, it freezes while "scanning for plug-ins". When I click on the panel I get the message "Photoshop is not responding" leaving me with no option but to close it, I have tried both versions - CS6 and CS6 (64bit) - with the same result each time. Can anyone please assist?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Have just had chat with Adobe Support who appear to have resolved the problem. 

Solution was to reset settings before PS starts, either by

1. deleting the settings file or

2. by holding ALT+CTRL+SHIFT immediately after launch, before the first PS panel appears, which also deletes the settings file.

Now I hope I can get a bit further.

Well done, Adobe Support!. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you download Photoshop CS6 from? They are no longer supported by Adobe, so are you sure you bought a legitimate version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was from links provided by Adobe.

I have been using Photoshop 5 Limited Edition on Windows XP for some years, and asked Adobe whether it would run on my new Windows 10 system, but although I was told it would, it won't, or at least the installer won't, under any form of compatibility. Before that was resolved I was given a special offer to have CS6, so I downloaded and installed it and the installer from the links I was given, and activated it with the serial number Adobe provided. That completed trouble-free, but it seems I still don't have a working version. I don't know what to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just had chat with Adobe Support who appear to have resolved the problem. 

Solution was to reset settings before PS starts, either by

1. deleting the settings file or

2. by holding ALT+CTRL+SHIFT immediately after launch, before the first PS panel appears, which also deletes the settings file.

Now I hope I can get a bit further.

Well done, Adobe Support!. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that worked out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines