• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the newest update photshop freezes on many occasions. I have often problems which seem to depend on the GPU. In older version I could deactivate the gpu but in the newest version this seems not to be possible as you can see in the picture below.

My GPU is an old intel HD Graphics 4000 on my notebook but in the previous version of photoshop it was recognized correctly and everything works fine for me. The driver was updated to the newest version. 

Perhaps someone has got a tipp for me;=) 

Thomas 

Photoshop Grafik.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop system requirements for GPU's have changed, Photoshop requires a GPU with a minimum of 2GB of VRAM and DirectX 12 support

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

The Intel HD Graphics 4000 only supports DriectX 11 and was released in 2012

You can revert to a previous version from the Creative Cloud app, trying to run the current version of Photoshop on an under spec'd PC is just going to cause you issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

now go back to version 22.2 and everything runs fine and my gpu could be identified.

Photoshop.jpg

Does anyone know when version22.2 was released?  

Thommas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines