Photoshop freezing after updating to 22.3 version on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I uploaded the latest Photoshop update. Since then i have had problems editing photos. A number of applications are working normally. But when i try to use crop, the program blocks completely. I can't do anything. I can't even close Photshop. Then this is only possible via "Task Manager".

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

New Here , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021
followed your information to resolve the issue. the GPU was disabled. I turned it on after which I relaunchd PS.After a test I think my problems has been solved.Thanks for the quick reply.RegardsMarc

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the app freezing while editing. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps. If it helps, you can check out: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/3dFRlyi

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

followed your information to resolve the issue. the GPU was disabled. I turned it on after which I relaunchd PS.After a test I think my problems has been solved.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards

Marc

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem i.e. using crop causes everything to freeze and need to resort to Task Manager to exit the program. Reverting to previous version 21.2.6 everything works fine.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem i.e. using crop causes everything to freeze and need to resort to Task Manager to exit the program. Reverting to previous version 21.2.6 everything works fine.  What ever version was prior to 22.3 worked fine on my system as well.  Since going to 22.3, I can start Photoshop, edit and make changes to my RAW file but when opening the file it freezes and locks system down.

Thanks

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.3. Have you tried installing version 22.2 to check if you experience the same issues?

Does Photoshop 22.3 work with the option to Use Graphics card disabled? Do you have all available Windows updates installed? What troubleshooting steps have you tried have you tried so far?

Regards,

Nikunj

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines