• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezing at 99% when saving back to Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most common work flow for me is importing to LR, then (edit in photoshop), then once work is done in PS 'save' which takes the new TIF back to LR.

Now PS keeps getting stuck at 99% when saving..and i'm wasting all the time editing because I have to FORCE QUIT PS. Help.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that Photoshop is freezing while saving the file back to Lightroom, could you please let us know the versions of Photoshop & Lightroom you're working with?

Also, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha - i just did this and now photoshop wont even open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Format your SSD to APFS - ExFAT is casuing the issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and where are the files stored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happing to me also did you get this fix and if so what did you do to fix it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue... Macbook Pro, which just updated to Catalina OS working on raw files in lightroom (.nef) export to photoshop cc 2020, I can edit but when I save the (.tiff ) to go back to lightroom it freezes at about 98% and I end up having to force quit photoshop. I tried the legacy compositing and no difference 😞

I tried going back to photoshop 2019 but same issues there. All started when my computer updated to catalina OS and the photoshop update, same evening and I can't revert back to the older OS.

Thanks for any tips / help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to add that I have the exact same issue.  I'm using a macbook pro with Catlina 10.15.1 and running the latest releases of Photoshp and Lightroom.  When I save back to Lightroom, Photshop freezes the save forcing me to do a force quit.  This is a major issue for my workflow.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I flattened my image in photoshop and it save it back to lightroom with no problem everytime so far... thanks randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem with flattening of course is you lose your layers...doesn't seem like a great solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortmat your SSD to APFS, ExFAT is the problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I flattened my image in photoshop and then  save it back to lightroom with no problem everytime so far...dont know if this is a fix but its working for me thanks randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Have you found a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Format your SSD to APFS, ExFAT is the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to reformat w/out erasing?  I'm not that tech savvy but can follow instructions 🙂  I import and keep all my photos on a SanDisk external drive.  I started to follow the instructions to reformat and when the step said "erase", I assumed it would in fact erase all my photos...?????  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and I've found the issue today. I have been editing from a SSD (Samgsung T5 1TB). This came to be formatted exFAT, this format comes with some accessibility issues that is conflicting with Apple's Privacy - in tern causing Photoshop to have saving problem I reformatted the drive to the new Apple format APFS and the problem is now fixed and also much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude YOU are my Hero!!!!

that solved it for me!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Convert to APFS is greyed out. What to do? Thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's a solution, but at the expence of the drive not readable by Windows OS. To say nothing that reformatting involves first copying up to 1Tb files somewhere to then put it back. If it is an exFAT problem on MacOS, so the problem should be fixed by Apple. Anyone is aware of a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving 1TB of files is such a big problem? The thing is exFat is old tech now and it’s time to move on. Sure you can’t trade files between Mac and Windows but there’s online file storage for the rare times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sicken..pay all of this moneyntyese programs..spend alot of time working and cannot save the work...macpro 2018..what is the issue..its just stick on 99% and now photoshop is causing my comouter yo crash. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems, and since none of the possible solutions offered in this and other forums are working, I decided to go on a chat with Adobe to describe the problem and at least have the word pass up through the ranks that there's a problem here! After taking remote control of my computer and observing my demonstration of the problem, the technician worked for more than an hour trying different approaches. Nothing he tried solved the problem or even improved the save times. After the last failure, the technician disconnected himself, without telling me, and dropped my problem into the "General Queue" for another technician to pick up. After another endless wait, I shut the whole process down in frustration. 

I told the techie that many others are having this problem and that it's almost certainly a bug, but he just didn't want to give up, until he did--suddenly and without explanation. Adobe, will you please explain yourselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your experience sounds similar to my experiences - dealing with adobe chat proves very frustrating - having to explain over and over again what the problem is (and feeling like I wasn't really being listened to) and what struck me as interesting is - same problem and not one support person did the same thing.  

in the end I was told to edit my photos on my computer hard drive from the pictures folder and then migrate the finished work over to a portable hard drive.   

i haven't had the freezing anymore.  Every now and then it seems to threaten like it will freeze at 99% and then it follows through.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines