• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezing at 99% when saving file - macOS

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common workflow for me is importing to LR, color correcting in LR, retouching in PS, then once work is done in PS I save the file which takes the new retouched TIF back to LR.

The past two weeks or so whenever I save PS gets stuck at 99% when saving. I'm wasting a ton of time editing because I have to force quit PS and go back and make all the same edits.

Everything I've tried doesn't seem to work. Is anyone else experiencing this?? HELLLPPPP!!!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop freezing, could you please try adding Photoshop to Mac's Security & Privacy settings and let us know if it helps? please check the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macosmojave.html#Penpressuredoesnotworkandbusy...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so far so good!!! Thank you so much. If I have any other issues I'll let you know!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sahil, 

It seemed to have worked for an hour or so but its right back to freezing when saving. Is there another solution?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now my PS application won't open at all....HELPP!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Covert your external SSD to APFS and your problem is fixed. message me on IG if you need more help @drewbuckler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Also when working on internal drive with OS Catalina and the latest version of Photoshop (21.0.3).

For 2 weeks now PS started crashing during the saving process - I have to force quit PS and have to restart computer (that did not realize that PS was force quit) and the file I have been working on is totally corrupt  and can not be reopened. (It seems to me, that it also crashes the finder during that saving process ?!?)
It happens with light simple files with few layers as well as with complex large files - on external drives and internal drive.
I am absolutely desperate. (I deinstalled / reinstalled PS already several times now.
@drewbuckler would you have any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ''Security & Privacy'' does Ps have ‘’Full Disk Access’’?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you need to eliminate the cause of the problem, photoshop or your machine. Try saving onto a external hard drive or a SSD that’s formatted to APFC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I will try that! I fear it is my machine…
I could not even reply to your post!
Thank you very much for taking your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the Adobe forum is a little challenging sometimes! Try DM on Instagram as well if you need quick help @drewbuckler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue and I'm not on Catalina, I'm on Mojoave on a less than 12 week old iMac.  It's becoming a real nuisance.  I just waited over 30 minutes for a single file to save.  I've got hundreds waiting to edit, this isnt' feasible!  It worked fine before the 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

covert your eternal drive you're using to APSC format, xFat is old tech 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems, and since none of the possible solutions offered in this and other forums are working, I decided to go on a chat with Adobe to describe the problem and at least have the word pass up through the ranks that there's a problem here! After taking remote control of my computer and observing my demonstration of the problem, the technician worked for more than an hour trying different approaches. Nothing he tried solved the problem or even improved the save times. After the last failure, the technician disconnected himself, without telling me, and dropped my problem into the "General Queue" for another technician to pick up. After another endless wait, I shut the whole process down in frustration. 

I told the techie that many others are having this problem and that it's almost certainly a bug, but he just didn't want to give up, until he did--suddenly and without explanation. Adobe, will you please explain yourselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever its worth, I have a brand new Mac Mini M1 running Photoshop 23.1.  I just waited 15 minutes for my file to save. It reached 99% quickly, then just sat there. The file is saving to a nearby server. On my older computer the files open and save quickly.

At this moment the Mini / Photoshop are a big dissappointment.

Users should not have to trouble shoot saving files. I did that plenty back in 1998.

ARGHHHHH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my mac computer is just 1 year old, since i updated to ventura and photoshop 2023 i have the same problem. The photos I process eventually register, but it's very long! It stays at 99% for at least 1 minute per photo. Did you manage to find the solution on your side?
(I have a macbook pro M1)
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing this issue on my M1 mini (working off USB hard drives.) Is Dropbox or any other cloud service active on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No... no cloud service, I work on my main hard drive. 

I don't understand what changed, I uninstalled photoshop, reinstalled without any predefined preferences. Also, I authorized the application as some seemed to say in my system preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines