• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Freezing Mid-Save.

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what else to do at this point, but everytime I go in to edit an image on Photoshop CC 20.1 and 20.0.7, I have no issues until I go to save the file. First save is fine (PSD file) Export is fine (JPG) but when I go to save it (PSD) again after exporting, Photoshop then freezes. After freezing, I'll force close photoshop and then all my documents on finder are unable to be previewed. When clicked, it opens in photoshop, but then freezes again. 

I've updated my app from 20.0.7 to 20.1 and no difference. Ive restarted my computer 5 times now. 

Its not a memory issue becuase I have 32 GBs of memory and am only working in Photoshop. No other apps are open. My Activity Monitor isn't havign any issues under hte memory tab. 

[Moved from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're really sorry for the save issue. Are you facing this issue with all the files or any specific file formats? Could you please turn on the legacy compositing in Photoshop preferences > Performance tab > restart Photoshop and let us know if that helps.

Also, are you facing this issue specifically after the recent update of  Photoshop 21.0?

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the SAME issue. It eventually led to Photoshop crashing and corrupting my file. And after a few times, Photoshop would no longer open. 

• I ran First Aid from Disk Utility
  • Deleted ALL versions of Photoshop
  • Re-Installed Photoshop 20.0.7
  • Adjusted Preferences - Performance - Memory Usage to Ideal Range recommendation at 55% [16562 MB]

It worked for about 2 hours just fine, now I tried to save and it is stuck on 18%. This is NOT an intensive project. But I have spent an entire workday yesterday trying to work on this image, restarting from scratch at least 8 times and trying different versions of Photoshop. 

PLEASE help us find a permanent resolution to this!

macOS Catalina 10.15.1

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

Processor: 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines