Highlighted

Photoshop freezing when using color selector

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop keeps freezing when I use the color picker on another psd file that is separate from my art.

Any thoughts about how to start losing work and time? 

I've been using Photoshop for years but I am getting to the point where it is just not worth it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Topics

Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop freezing when using color selector

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop keeps freezing when I use the color picker on another psd file that is separate from my art.

Any thoughts about how to start losing work and time? 

I've been using Photoshop for years but I am getting to the point where it is just not worth it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Topics

Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing. 

I have recently updated my MacBook to the latest version. Since then when use tool color picket while I'm painting photoshop freeze and I have to re open the program and obviously loosing the work done. 
I have then tried everything, uninstall and  resintall photoshop 2020. Re started my Mac 

but nothing, it keeps freezing 

can someone explain what the issue is ? 
I seriously need to fix this as I cannot work 

thanks 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted a similar problem. With two images open taking an eyedropper reading from the back (second) image causes Photoshop to freeze. Happens everytime on two differnt computers. Devinely a bug. Photoshop 21.1.0.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue, but I literally can't use the color selector at all as it freezing every time I need to pick a color. Besides, I have an issue with the selection tool and moving canvas via the spacebar.
It just turns out this version is an absolute mess. I'm just switched to the previous one, and it solved all the problems. But the whole situation drives me crazy, why is it taking so long for any fixes to come out? I want to use the actual version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Ok, I'm gonna try and install the previous version then. Which one did you install (the one the actually works ) 

thanks guys ! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I am using a MacBook Pro 2019 with 32GB Ram and a Radeon Pro Vega 20 4GB.  I updated Photoshop to 21.2.3 and I reset my Photoshop preferences..  When I use the color sampler Photoshop freezes and becomes unresponsive!  I can’t even quit Photoshop without using the Force Quit Applications.  Sorry for this longish and detailed e-mail but this has been going on for a while. I'd be grateful for any suggestions but I'm reasonably sure this is a Bugg adobe just has it fixed!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines