Highlighted

Photoshop freezing with Wacom Tablet on MAC

New Here ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When start using the pen tablet in PS it will freeze up with the spinning color, I have to force quit the application and re-open.  It does not seem to matter much on which tool or edit procedure I am doing at the time.  It only takes about 1 minute before it freezes.  I know the problem is related to using the pen tablet because I can open PS and work all day with a mouse and will not have a single issue.  Pick up the pen and withing a few minutes it freezes.  I just saw that WACOM released a new driver (6.3.39-1) and I got excited.  I installed it and it seem to work for about 5-10 minutes before freezing.

I am running a MacBook Pro (8DDR3), Calalina 10.15.4, latest PS 21.1.3, with a WACOM Intuos pen tablet (6.3.39-1).  I have used the computer and pen tablet successfully all last year.  Then sometime when I either upgraded the operating system or the latest PS the problem started happening.  As I said before, I can work all day with a mouse and no problem with the hardware/software combination listed above.

Is there a fix for this or does another pen tablet manufacturer have a better product, I miss using the pen!!

Thx

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop freezing with Wacom Tablet on MAC

New Here ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When start using the pen tablet in PS it will freeze up with the spinning color, I have to force quit the application and re-open.  It does not seem to matter much on which tool or edit procedure I am doing at the time.  It only takes about 1 minute before it freezes.  I know the problem is related to using the pen tablet because I can open PS and work all day with a mouse and will not have a single issue.  Pick up the pen and withing a few minutes it freezes.  I just saw that WACOM released a new driver (6.3.39-1) and I got excited.  I installed it and it seem to work for about 5-10 minutes before freezing.

I am running a MacBook Pro (8DDR3), Calalina 10.15.4, latest PS 21.1.3, with a WACOM Intuos pen tablet (6.3.39-1).  I have used the computer and pen tablet successfully all last year.  Then sometime when I either upgraded the operating system or the latest PS the problem started happening.  As I said before, I can work all day with a mouse and no problem with the hardware/software combination listed above.

Is there a fix for this or does another pen tablet manufacturer have a better product, I miss using the pen!!

Thx

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Everything around or behind the photoshop window works but is blocked because of photoshop being frozen and I have to force quit the programme. Very annoying. My photoshop updated 5 days ago, I used to have this issue at my old place of work, I was using a PC running Windows and when Photoshop updated, my Wacom tablet would have trouble on the sliders in photoshop, or any page scrolling. When we looked into it, at the time the only solution was to re-install the previous version of Photoshop and not update it in the future.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
Contributor ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is really interesting. I have been plagued with the spinning ball since the release of PS2020, but I never tied it to the Wacom. There are innumerable threads in here about that very problem. However, I've been working all day today in PS but always using the trackpad, which I don't usually do (just the way things worked out) and not a single spinning disk. I think this warrants further investigation. That said, what I can tell you to not force quit the program until you are absolutely certain the program is permanently locked. Typically for me I see the freeze for 2 to 4 minutes (that's a long time to sit and twiddle your thumbs!), and I get it fairly frequently. However, recently I had one that lasted 22 minutes! So maybe just wait it out so you don't lose any work over it. In the meantime I'll start working on some tests to see if I can isolate it to the Wacom system (remember, Wacom drivers came out about the same time as Catalina and PS 2020, so I think there may be a connection there). I will say, Wacom's drivers aren't known to be the best in the world. Thanks for posting this. If I find anything reasonably conclusive, I'll post back here.

Glenn (Rain Lake Graphics)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy and sad about this. I'm happy because now I know I'm not the only one having this exact same problem, but sad because Adobe doesn't have a fix for this. I even took the steps of going through their IT for help. Their IT is so bad that I had to explain what a tablet was and then I got passed around to about 5 different people until they decided to schedule a call with me the next day to talk over the phone. The next day came and went and no phone call. They totally ghosted me and won't return any messages I send them about it. Their IT is a disgrace. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a XP-Pen Star G640 to replace the Wacom and it works perfectly and was inexpensive. Got tired of waiting on a solution.

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 1