Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop gamma shift over time

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have a problem since now few months and it is really a pain for me.
Please watch the video first.

The luminosity or gamma of my whole screen (Photoshop and outside) is changing overtime according to the luminosity of the image in photoshop.
I could believe it was because of calibration issue but, I'm working with a spyder calibrated screen since years and I only got this probleme this year.

This only occurs with Photoshop. I've tried to reinstal my video card driver, the entire creative cloud (with the clean uninstall Adobe tool) but nothing changed.

My configuration is :
Windows 10 PRO
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
RAM 32,0 Go
Nvidia 1070 GTX
Iiyama Prolite XB2783HSU calibrated with Spyder 5 pro

If you have any idea, clue... Please help. I've yet found nothing on the internet 😕

Thanks for the help !

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a laptop? Many laptops have this "helpful" (not) function of changing screen brightness according to screen content. You need to find this setting and turn it off.

There is nothing in Photoshop that can cause this. Photoshop has no way to control screen brightness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm on a desktop.
I can't explain, but I know Photoshop is involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then look at your Spyder software. I know there is an "ambient light adjustment" setting in the Spyders (a setting that IMO should be turned off immediately and kept off permanently).

Again, there is absolutely nothing in Photoshop that can control screen brightness. It's simply not possible. You need to look elsewhere if you want to resolve this.

This is all ultimately controlled by the video card, which in turn gets instructions (tables) from your Spyder software and/or the operating system. When you calibrate, you set a brightness level in the calibration software or the monitor itself, and this level is maintained/monitored by the calibration software. If it's changed, it's because of instructions from the Spyder to the video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for your reply,

I understand, so I've made some tests with all spyder files and video card drivers uninstalled.
still got the problem.
I'm totally lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the problem.
More news :
The screen is not involved.
I need to test on a new reinstallation of Windows and a other graphic card now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, after a full reinstall... I don't have the problem anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines