• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop glitches/freezes mid-brushstroke

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange and frustrating thing I've been running into recently. I'll be in the middle of a brushstroke on photoshop and my cursor will turn back into an arrow and I won't be able to click anything in that document, use the brush tool, etc., but I can click onto another document and use it just fine. So it's not photoshop freezing as a program, but something strange happening with the document itself. It usually happens when I've been working on something for 20 minutes or so.

I'm able to save my files and close photoshop, and when I reopen it works ok (until it happens again), but it's very frustrating and I have no idea what is causing it.

I'm using the most up to date version of photoshop on a pretty much brand new PC with plenty of RAM. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I can actually click on things, but can't use them. I can't move a layer, can't type, etc, but can click on the move tool, the type tool.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, running Windows 10 2020 with Photoshop Version 21.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish Adobe support could provide some answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Asa, 

Have you tried updating your windows? Mine didn't look like it needed an update but when I went back in to double check it showed an update was pending. 

After updating Windows Photoshop is working fine once more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I have updated and it still occurs.

As an update though: I've come to realize it primarily or only happens when holding space to use the grab tool and move around the canvas. If I hold it down and move around too much, it does what I previously mentioned.

I use a Wacom Intuos 5 as my tablet, by the way.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines