Highlighted

Photoshop glitching and unworkable

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.0 20200604.r.225 2020/06/04: 02a81f3015 x64 on friday and have had nothing but problems ever since! Totally regret updating! The program in unworkable and file has to be closed and re-opend after each change. Problems experienced so far include:

- masks not reacting to brushes (nothing happens but when you reopen the file the changes are visible)

- free transform works but leaves the original as well as the changes on the same layer

- adjustment (curves, hue/sat etc) do not work - changes are made after closing and reopening the file

- layer visibility eye is not working. Need to turn of all layers and turn them back on to reset visibility

- gradient tool not working - place cursor at top on screen and pull down but gradients actually runs left to right on screen

- brush is glitchy (intermittent) using sof round brush at 50% flow and opacity and a square brush appears instead

The list goes on and on. Not happy! I have deadlines to meet and can't get anything to work.

Can I uninstall this version?? 

I need help desperately, thanks 

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop glitching and unworkable

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.0 20200604.r.225 2020/06/04: 02a81f3015 x64 on friday and have had nothing but problems ever since! Totally regret updating! The program in unworkable and file has to be closed and re-opend after each change. Problems experienced so far include:

- masks not reacting to brushes (nothing happens but when you reopen the file the changes are visible)

- free transform works but leaves the original as well as the changes on the same layer

- adjustment (curves, hue/sat etc) do not work - changes are made after closing and reopening the file

- layer visibility eye is not working. Need to turn of all layers and turn them back on to reset visibility

- gradient tool not working - place cursor at top on screen and pull down but gradients actually runs left to right on screen

- brush is glitchy (intermittent) using sof round brush at 50% flow and opacity and a square brush appears instead

The list goes on and on. Not happy! I have deadlines to meet and can't get anything to work.

Can I uninstall this version?? 

I need help desperately, thanks 

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems the be two major issue in 21.2.  Adobe broke Legacy Compositing make sure the is NOT checked in your preferences performance section also in in the performance section check that  photoshop detected your GPU.  If it did not reinstall 21.1.3 boot 21.2 off your machine.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same sort of issues.... wasting many hours trying to solve a gradient problem with unuseable banding steps. Can I send Adobe an invoice for my wasted hours please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
jlsaloff LATEST
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated yesterday. I am seeing all these complaints and am deeply worried. Like others, I have deadlines. I am finding some really weird things happening, and am not sure all are Photoshop as I updated all my Adobe products and Catalina to 10.15.6. But what I am having happen on my Macbook Pro is that when I load Photoshop, the WHOLE screen goes black for a matter of seconds (that is long enough to be scary) then it loads. I am still having other weird glitches from previous versions like trying to open a file and having the finder greyed out. (If I click "name" on and off, then most of the names come back to black--why is that a thing?) I still H.A.T.E. that everything else is Command-H to hide, but Photoshop is not. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0