• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop graphics issue

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, Photoshop (for Windows 10) has been acting a bit strange. I don't know how many problems there are, but most notably the brush tool is very bumpy and lacking smoothness and Photoshop only opens videos as blank. A pop-up appeared one time but hasn't come up since, and the help page for it led to many links which were confusing and didn't help. All I know is that I have to update/install a new driver. I'm not really a computer expert, so it would be really helpful have someone who could help me figure this out step by step in layman's terms, and I'm willing to give the proper information if needed. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is giving you trouble as you're facing issues working with the Brush tool and see some error related to the GPU usage in Photoshop.

Which version of Photoshop are you using? Please uncheck the option "Use Graphics Processor" under the Preferences> Performance menu in Photoshop and see if the issue persists. I'd recommend that you check out this article to troubleshoot the GPU in Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found out "Use Graphics Processor" was actually already turned off, so I turned it on and Photoshop started working smoother again, so thanks for having me look there. As for opening videos, it appears it may be the video itself that was defunct and not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines