Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHOTOSHOP > outlining issue

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community!

I encounter an issue with the pen tool. In an existing outlining I try to remove some points to create new ones but it doesn't show the outlining, only the points. I quitted and opened many times the soft but the issue still persist.

Does anyone of you meet the is issue or somehting approaching?

Adobe Teams > could you help please?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Photoshop paths aren't automatically stroked, so they're intended to have that information added to them. In Photoshop, a path can have a stroke added (Edit>Stroke), but  that doesn't create an editable visible path. If you want that function, you're best using Adobe Illustrator.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gans,

Thanks for your reply. I work on a product picture so Photoshop is the best as I have to create the outline path then make it active as a mask. The finality is to save the file as a .tif.

I did an editing to make this tool up to date regarding a new element it has. I have 2 different strokes in the file and would like to make them become one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed a previous version of Photoshop then it worked. Gonna see at the next start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been another update since you started this thread, which has fixed the issues I'd been having with paths and the pen tool.  Have you tried 24.4.0 ?

image.png

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Trevor,

Yes just received the notification for the 22.4.1 version. Gonna install it and work in to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines