Highlighted

Photoshop hangs and does not refresh when retouching photos.

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I retouch the photo with a high zoom and use the paw tool, the program hangs, the image doesn't refresh and I have to restart the file. It happens very often, even every few minutes.

It works on the latest version of the program, but there were also such problems with the older ones. Works on Windows. Of course, I have up-to-date graphic card drivers.

I am asking for help because I think I will go crazy.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop hangs and does not refresh when retouching photos.

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I retouch the photo with a high zoom and use the paw tool, the program hangs, the image doesn't refresh and I have to restart the file. It happens very often, even every few minutes.

It works on the latest version of the program, but there were also such problems with the older ones. Works on Windows. Of course, I have up-to-date graphic card drivers.

I am asking for help because I think I will go crazy.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you are using? Which graphics card do you have on the computer? Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can try to disable the Graphics card from Photoshop by going to the Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps. If it does, please try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Adobe Photoshop: 22.0.0 20201006.r.35 2020/10/06: 4587a1caa63 x64

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 980Ti - i have up to date drivers

I am sure I have all the drivers up to date.

Tried to disable the Graphics card from Photoshop and itd WORKS!!!! 

But refreshing is terrible.

Regards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, after a few minutes of work, the image freezes when zoomed in very close. The program works because I can save the file but I have to restart it. I would like to add that colleagues working next to me on similar cards have the same problem.

Please help because it's so annoying that I don't want to work in photoshop. In earlier versions, this problem was also but not that common. Now that's overkill.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me. At colleagues, after turning off the graphics card, there is no problem, but as I wrote earlier, refreshing is terrible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the info! If you are not experiencing the issue after disabling the graphics card, then the issue may be due to the graphics drivers. You can try uninstalling & re-installing the drivers to check if that helps.

With the graphics card disabled, you may experience issues with refreshing as your computers processors is being utilised by the application instead of the graphics card.

You can also try optimizing the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing helped. I'm disappointed. Such a basic option as zooming in and out suspends the file every few minutes or several minutes. It may be the fault of the graphics card drivers but I have them up to date and there is still a problem. I have a fresh system and there is still a problem.

I tried to reset the settings, do in different configurations and it still doesn't work.

In my case, it is not about one computer, but about 4 because all my colleagues sitting in the studio with me have the same problem.

So Adobe, what should I do next?

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the same problem, no refresh when i compose or use layer effects. MUCH WORSE IS the Photoshop Comp can not be saved.
When close PS via taskmanager there is no recovery file either.

Please fix!!!

Systeminfo:

WORKSTATION

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

NVIDIA Quadro P2000 ; Driverversion 443.36

Photoshop V 22.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, turn off the GPU in the performance options that should help. It's not the best solution, but at least you can work somehow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turn off GPU either but i change nothing. Still have the problem that Ps hang up and can not save my Ps file.

I switched to the older Version of PS and now all is fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We’re sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. If the above mentioned steps didn't help, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution you propose?
A workstation with 128 GB RAM and a CPU with 6 cores at 4.9 Ghz OC and you recommend an article with "upgrade your hardware" or "set up Photoshop correctly" ?

It's a pity that Adobe seems to release the programs earlier and earlier without testing enough.

Just like that: If I move an object in PS and it suddenly doesn't show up anymore and only appears again by zooming in or out, Adobe should have been noticed somewhere during testing.

Excuse me, but I feel that Photoshop and Indesign get worse every year.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
pain2394 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I was having the exact same problem, now with the lastest update to photoshop it won't even recognize my 980ti, i can't use any GPU acceleration. I tried every solution i could find. I'm now switching back to photoshop 2020, but i'm paying for what? With every update problems seem to get worse, i hope you guys at adobe are still able to deliver some quality and stability instead of focusing on facial expressions fiters to play with. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0