Photoshop has detected an error in my display driver

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 10 64-bit laptop with two graphics cards (Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060). Photoshop won't allow me to use my graphics processor, and from what I've read so far it might have something to do with me having multiple graphics cards. I've searched for a fix for days and none of them have worked. I've followed all the steps in the GPU troubleshooting guide but nothing helped. I've set my NVIDIA gpu to be the default for photoshop and all other apps and even disabled the Intel gpu entirely. Still, none of that worked. I've also tried deleting sniffer.exe and made sure all my drivers were up to date along with windows. 

Heres what I found when checking the system info:

The GPU Sniffer crashed on 2/24/2021 at 1:57:26 PM
Display: 1
Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1080, right=1920
OpenGL Drawing: Disabled.
OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

I really hope I can get some help on this

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Intel GPU needs to be disabled. Photoshop can't work with two different GPUs with different drivers.

With that done, go to Nvidia and download the "studio" driver for the 1060. Do not use the "game ready" driver. This is assuming that the laptop manufacturer hasn't modified things to the point where you can't use drivers directly from Nvidia.

When you run the installer, check "clean install". Uncheck all other components than the basic driver.

With the new driver in place, reset preferences in Photoshop.

The reason dual GPUs don't work, is that Photoshop uses the GPU for actual data processing, and the result returned to Photoshop for further processing. GPU switching is not possible. Photoshop can't send data to one GPU and then get it back from the other.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your timely response,

Even after following your steps accurately, it seems photoshop is still having the same problem. Do you have any other suggestions?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines