Highlighted

Photoshop has encounter Graphic Driver problem

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

While working with photoshop I got this error message and photoshop crashed without saving the changes.

Now everything not working! I just enabled the Use Graphics Processor.
When I try to zoom in/out there is a very annoying lag on it (several small square boxes show up)!

It happened last time, and I tried almost everything. Uninstall/Install driver, and Photoshop But nothing helped and I had to reset the whole windows (it helped)!

It's worth mentioning I have Ryzen 2700x/64G RAM/WX4100

Error.JPG

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop has encounter Graphic Driver problem

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

While working with photoshop I got this error message and photoshop crashed without saving the changes.

Now everything not working! I just enabled the Use Graphics Processor.
When I try to zoom in/out there is a very annoying lag on it (several small square boxes show up)!

It happened last time, and I tried almost everything. Uninstall/Install driver, and Photoshop But nothing helped and I had to reset the whole windows (it helped)!

It's worth mentioning I have Ryzen 2700x/64G RAM/WX4100

Error.JPG

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are issues with Photoshop version 21.2 and old and not so old GPU's and it has been reported to Adobe

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bug-in-photoshop-version-21-2-not-detecting-o...

If you are using this version your only option is to revert back to 21.1.3, I had the same issue with a 2018 GPU card and uninstalling 21.2 and reinstalling 21.1.3 fixed the issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up. My GPU is not good, not sure If should consider 2016 as old or not 😄 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How old is the Device Driver you have installed for its display chipset.  Have you check with AMD to see what chipsets your PC has and installed the latest drivers form AMD????  Software 4 years old can be quite dated.

Did you follow the message and check with AMD????

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
rezaneam LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest driver from AMD. 2020 Q2 version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines