Photoshop has randomly stopped loading on Windows 7 laptop

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Came to use Photoshop 2 nights ago and it wouldn't open. Kept throwing up a crash report screen after showing the splash screen and saying it was initialising. Never had a problem before this. Using a Win 7 Home Premium 64bit machine.

I've tried all the fixes I've seen posted, roll back Windows updates, delete press, open without 3rd party plugins, print spooler off, uninstall PS and reinstall earlier version, reinstall CC Desktop.

None of these have worked other than now I don't even get the error report message, PS just fails to start after the splash screen. No error is logged in the Windows error log.

Please help.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Your issue could be related to Camera Raw version 13.1, see my reply in this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-start-photoshop/m-p/11667845#M493109

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Annaghman AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic Ged, thank you!! Rolled back to ACR 12.4 and PS is starting up as normal.

Really appreciate your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines