Photoshop has suddenly started to crash whenever I open .HEIC files

Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For weeks now I've had no problem opening .HEIC files transferred from my iPad and suddenly today Photoshop crashes however I open them. Whether I drag and drop, open from within Photoshop or open via the tooltip from the image itself. Doesn't matter which I try. Even uninstalled and reinstalled. Now this is a massive issue for me. Can anyone help? I'm on a Mac running OS Catalina 10.15.6 and Photoshop 22.0.1

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop has suddenly started to crash whenever I open .HEIC files

Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For weeks now I've had no problem opening .HEIC files transferred from my iPad and suddenly today Photoshop crashes however I open them. Whether I drag and drop, open from within Photoshop or open via the tooltip from the image itself. Doesn't matter which I try. Even uninstalled and reinstalled. Now this is a massive issue for me. Can anyone help? I'm on a Mac running OS Catalina 10.15.6 and Photoshop 22.0.1

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 05, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020 0
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm sure the converters listed in the link will be useful. But it doesn't explain why there is a sudden conflict when I'd had zero problem for months. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perform do ANY updates of Photoshop, OS, drivers, … in those months? 

If so then it is likely that one of those updates caused the issue to manifest. 

And while it is absolutely possible that the issue was introcuded with a Photoshop update (and therefore is Adobe’s responsibility) I would personally try to hold back on immediate »Adobe-bashing« because for me it is not possible to rule out whether another of the involved components/entities caused the problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 0