• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop help image pixelated

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I need some help please!! Ive been working on an image in photoshop and when i reopened it today, when I zoom in everything is pixilated!! I dont know what to do and i really dont want to have to redo hours of work!...have i saved it in the wrong format ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a) What format did you save it in?

b) Can you post a screen shot of this pixellation?

c) What version of  Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dimentions.JPGpicture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i was working on it yesterday it was clear but when i opened it today it looked like this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the screenshot. To add to Michael's question, does that 614.75% refer to the zoom? Because you should view it at 100% to get an accurate picture. Most images will look a little weird at such a huge magnification. Also, I see the image is 120 ppi, which is a resolution a little on the low side for some things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok how do i change the resolution?, im new to this so still learning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can't make the resolution higher without loss of quality. You can only make it smaller. For a high-res image, you'd have to start out at 300ppi or higher, depending on what it's for. And 120ppi is fine for some things, too. Can you post a screenshot of the entire image? Is it for a professional purpose, or a personal project?

-edit typo-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi for professional...i inboxed you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That image is beautiful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how large was the image to start with? It might have been scaled/resized at one point... 1000 of pixels can be adequate to show online, but way to small to be printed at large scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the latest version of photoshop and it was updated yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

d) Are you zooming in beyond 100% magnification?
e) What are the dimensions of the image in pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are viewing image at extremelly high zzom ratio of 614% and that is the reason why image is pixelated. Press Ctrl + 1 or double click on the Zoom tool then judge.

It does not matter what version of Photoshop you have installed, your problem which is pixelation on screen is cosmetical not real problem due to high level of magnification. What you expect to see when heavily zooming in? Any continuous tone image will look similar or pixelated at that level of magnification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines