• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop-How to add a 2nd file into a layer of the 1st file so I can combine them and as one file?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoShop-How to insert a 2nd file into a "layer" of the 1st file so I can combine them work on it

as one file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the first file is open but the second is not, you could simply drag the second file from the desktop and drop it inside the Photoshop document window. (The command equivalent is choosing File > Place Embedded to import the second file.)

If both files are open in Photoshop, you can drag any layer from the second file and drop it into the document window of the first file. This works if the document windows/tabs are open side by side, or you can drag a layer and hold it over the top of the other document’s tab until that window comes forward, then drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Conrad C mentioned placing as Smart Objects already, but I would like to definitely recommend working with those. 

If it becomes necessary to scale, transform, … an object/layer multiple times in the course of the layout process plain pixel layers can accumulate degredation whereas Smart Object-instances are calculated based on the original data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines