• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop How to Hide Gray Rectangle Background

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a photograph in Photoshop CC, there's a blank gray rectangle with the tool bar and control panes attached. How do I hide the rectangle? All I want to see is the photo on which I'm working.

Is that called an artboard? Whatever it is, I find the rectanble distracting and don't want to see it.

Many thanks,

Christopher B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Hi

If you are talking about the large gray area on the canvas, you can right-click it and choose Custom and make it white. If not, please clarify.

~ Jane

3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Hi

You can uncheck the Application Frame at the bottom of the Window menu to get the view you want. It's enabled by default.

~ Jane

4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you are talking about the large gray area on the canvas, you can right-click it and choose Custom and make it white. If not, please clarify.

~ Jane

3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you note. I would like to have the photo only and not any background. In an older version of Photoshop when I open a photo, the photo sits on its own. The tool bar and other panes are not connected. Here's a picture from an older version of Photoshop. 

Is there a way to have that as an opton?

Christopher

IMG_5630.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can uncheck the Application Frame at the bottom of the Window menu to get the view you want. It's enabled by default.

~ Jane

4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved. Thank you tons, Jane. You solved the problem. I knew I was trapped by not knowing the correct terminology. Very glad to get the "Application Frame" out of the way. I wish all our problems could be solved that easily and that quickly.

Best wishes,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christopher, thank you for thanking Jane and telling her she helped you! I marked her answer "correct" so that people will know this is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Christopher, and I'm glad your issue is solved!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. This has been driving me nuts for months!!! I also didn't know what to call it, so previous searches were equally frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @maral516 

Did you see that the original poster didn't know what to call it either? 😊 Sometimes we have to ask for a screen shot or will ask a few more questions, but we can usually figure out what is being asked. So don't let not knowing the terms stop you from asking!

I'm glad it's solved for you.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines