PhotoShop/Illustrator on 2020 Mac Mini

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm contemplating moving to a new 6-core Mac Mini for flexibility on display choices.  My current iMac has less of a processor so I don't worry about the horsepower of the brains of the machine.  Where I'm concerned is the graphics power.  Do the new mac minis have enough power to run PhotoShop and Illustrator?  I read that egpu don't necessarily help.  Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PhotoShop/Illustrator on 2020 Mac Mini

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm contemplating moving to a new 6-core Mac Mini for flexibility on display choices.  My current iMac has less of a processor so I don't worry about the horsepower of the brains of the machine.  Where I'm concerned is the graphics power.  Do the new mac minis have enough power to run PhotoShop and Illustrator?  I read that egpu don't necessarily help.  Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its super slow - I got the Mac Mini yesterday, 16gb. 512GB, M1 Chip, 16GB RAM.

Its very very slow on Adobe Illustrator 2021. I am not sure if its the Mac Mini or Adobe Illsutrator, but I think the problem is with Adobe Illustrator that makes it slow, and Adobe as of speaking now, does not support M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0