Hi,

2 weeks ago I was able to export an image with

File Settings 

Format = PNG

Transparency CHECKED

Color Space

Convert to sRGB CHECKED

Embed Color Profile CHECKED 

but now I still have boarder around image and when I open again the Embed Color Profile is unchecked.

Objective was to take screenshots and save background as transparent in white not slightly grey as is the case if you don't select Embed Colour Profile CHECKBOX.

However now after selecting on safe it isn't saving transaprent background as Embed Colour Profile.

Thank you in advance for your help

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

why "export"

how about convert manually to sRGB in Photoshop and 'save as' PNG format with embed profile checked?

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't this you are correct...... it appears that PNG does not suppor embedding any kind of profiles....... see attached screens shots.
If you export as PNG you embed a profile but it strips all the keywords.

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 7.21.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-03 at 7.20.36 AM.png

The only solution I have found is to save it as PNG then reopen the PNG convert to sRGB and resave.

But I am not sure if I am loosing any quality......   Let me know what you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export color management is a bit broken at the moment. I've logged it as a bug.

One of the problems is that the embed profile box doesn't stick. You have to check it every time.

Save As PNG doesn't work correctly either. If the profile happens to be sRGB, it won't embed. All other profiles are fine.

And that's about it. Everything else works properly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@D Fosse wrote:

Export color management is a bit broken at the moment. I've logged it as a bug. One of the problems is that the embed profile box doesn't stick. You have to check it every time.

FWIW, still 'broken' so if you made an official bug report, it still isn't sticking at least on the beta I have.

Convert sticks, Embed doesn't. If this is 'by design' I think it should be reconsidered. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines