• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop image size smaller on photoshop then when i upload it on imgur and losing quality!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have a really annoying problem, i do alot of gfx work on forums. Now i got a new laptop and got photoshop cc 2020 on it.

The problem is when i make a new document in photoshop like 250x150 as an example its very small then the actually values of the numbers. And when i edit a image in it it is HQ but when i upload it it gets to t he original 250x150 size and my image is LQ.

Please help me guys! i hope you guys can!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Sure, imgur is a browser. There is NO natural size. Photoshop says 100% is one size. Browser says 100% is a different size. More apps, another size. The problem is people get used to 100% meaning the same thing, and when the discover it isn't, assume something is brokwn. Nothing is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean your images are 50% of the size on a web site? That's correct with new monitors. They have a lot of detail for photographers, but browsers make everything bigger because users expect it. Just view at 200% in Photoshop, and welcome to the new world....!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On photoshop my document is smaller than the (real) size when i upload it on like an imgur or something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, imgur is a browser. There is NO natural size. Photoshop says 100% is one size. Browser says 100% is a different size. More apps, another size. The problem is people get used to 100% meaning the same thing, and when the discover it isn't, assume something is brokwn. Nothing is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i just need top zoom in 200% at photoshop and work with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

100% in Photoshop means 1 image pixel mapped to 1 screen pixel. It bears no relationship to any physical size. That 1 to 1 mapping is essential for critical image adjustment with no scaling artifacts.

Some browsers scale the image on Hi ppi screens to make them larger and viewable. If you want to simulate that in Photoshop, then view at 200% which uses 4 screen pixels for each image pixel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this might be a display settings issue. Get into your laptop's screen settings; I cannot instruct how without knowing your OS, so you may have to look up how to do this. On Windows 10, it's under Settings or PC Settings - System - Display. If your display is set to something besides 100%, chances are that is the cause.

I'm not an expert on UI dsettings, so someone's free to correct me, but I believe if your Photoshop UI (Photoshop under Preferences: Interface) is set to Auto or 100, and your monitor display settings are something like 125%, then items you load onto other programs like a web browser will look larger because your monitor is displaying them at 125%, but Photoshop's UI gives you the actual size. This also explains why the images look blurry to you online. 250x150 is fairly small, so an increase in an image that size would be very visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have a look to it and report later, thanks for your time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines