• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop images look artifacted and grainy in-app

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm using Photoshop (or any other Adobe app, for that matter) the image I'm working with looks artifacted - almost like an over-compressed JPEG. There are strange glowy outlines around all the lines, and overall the image looks pixelated. 

problem.png

The over-exposure effect can be seen clearly in the image above.

When I export the image from Photoshop, it looks fine in an image viewer; this issue doesn't extend to exports. I already know this is an issue with my graphics processor - it's a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti if that helps.

I've tried updating Photoshop and my graphics driver, and set my cache levels to 4. I've run through the whole graphics troubleshooting website, and nothing helps.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, do you know how to fix it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Update: I've found the issue with the graphics processor, and it had nothing to do with the Adobe preferences. There's a setting in the NVIDIA control panel that was sharpening the images, and now that I've turned that off for my Adobe apps, I can use the processor without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

A post I read earlier today recommended setting the cache higher and the person set it at six and disabled the graphics card and the graininess disappeared. Here is a link to the post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-add-texture-to-my-photos/m-p/11933939#M526230

Let us know if that fixes the issue?

Thanks,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

I've set the cache to eight and disabled the processor, and that does fix the graininess. I'm yet to find out if Photoshop will still be able to process large documents with these settings.

Do you know how to do the same thing in Premiere Pro and After Effects?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I've found the issue with the graphics processor, and it had nothing to do with the Adobe preferences. There's a setting in the NVIDIA control panel that was sharpening the images, and now that I've turned that off for my Adobe apps, I can use the processor without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing the answer!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines