Highlighted

Photoshop install stalls at 44% over and over again

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new laptop and have already installed the creative cloud app and Lightroom Classic app.  However the photoshop download has stalled at 44% at least five times now.  I don't get an install error code - it just hangs at 44% completion.  

I have this problem too. In my case it seems to be because my Internet connection is slow. My guess is that Adobe's servers just drop the connection after a while and their CC app is too poorly coded to be able to resume a download. So it craps out, blows away all the data it downloaded over my (metered!) connection and starts again, wasting my time, bandwidth and patience. I don't have any trouble when my connection is fast (it's a 4G connection but throttles to dial-up modem speeds after the first 15GB).

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop install stalls at 44% over and over again

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new laptop and have already installed the creative cloud app and Lightroom Classic app.  However the photoshop download has stalled at 44% at least five times now.  I don't get an install error code - it just hangs at 44% completion.  

I have this problem too. In my case it seems to be because my Internet connection is slow. My guess is that Adobe's servers just drop the connection after a while and their CC app is too poorly coded to be able to resume a download. So it craps out, blows away all the data it downloaded over my (metered!) connection and starts again, wasting my time, bandwidth and patience. I don't have any trouble when my connection is fast (it's a 4G connection but throttles to dial-up modem speeds after the first 15GB).

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 27, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Sign Out creative cloud.
-Cloase all Adobe Apps.
-Relaunch Adobe Creative Cloud.
-Sign in and reinstall it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHEN is Adobe going to fix the Creative Cloud app to where it will actually work? I have been trying to install Photoshop for OVER a WEEK. It just WILL NOT install. New Windows installation, new Creative Cloud install, logged out then back in and still the same crap. HANGS at 44%. Messaged them and they have no clue what I am talking about and give no answer is to how to actually fix this problem. Serached Google and this has been a major problem with the Creative Cloud app. I am paying a LOT of money for this crap and ADOBE needs to start taking care of there customers. If I ever find a suitable replacement for this garbage I wil be dumping Adobe. They either need to GET it FIXED or go back to stand alone executable file installations. I have tried to find that as well and come up with nothing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2020 2
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im having the same issues. Exactly what you've said. Did you find a solution to this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and can't believe that Adobe is not doing anything about their stupid software.

I just need something that can read raw files and make basic image adjustments. Does anyone have any suggestion for software that does that? I am ready to dump Photoshop if I find anything that just works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0