• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop interop

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a microcontroller device that communicates to my pc via bluetooth.

The purpose of this particual dodad is to interact with photoshop.

So far I have been partially successfull in translating the bluetooth communication to photoshop:

1) Mimc a SendKey function to execute keyboard shortcuts while photoshop is the active application.

2) Leverage the interop functionalites that photshop provides to send scripting commands to photoshop.

The issue with option 1 is that it blocks the input in photoshop (brush strokes) while it sends data.

The issue with option 2 is that the interop commands my application sends to photoshop are blocked while brush strokes are being applied which is an issue because the purpose of what I am doing is to change the brush aspect real time with my device.

Iv'e read about the connections SDK but have yet to have success sending the same data via sockets.

What is a third option to send data to photoshop and not block or be blocked at the same time?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?