• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is become slow

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated Photoshop to Ver. 22.1.1 and its become very slow and laggy. 

Even the most commom task of starting a new file takes more than 2 to 3 minutes. 

I dont know what is the issue for over all its just very very slow and unstable. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes i have done the general trouble shooting steps and even downgraded to an older version of Photoshop. 

I have even changed the scratch disk to the D: drive which has more space then my C: drive which i think could help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem, on both my work PC and my home PC. Photoshop is now so slow as to be completely unusable. Major lag for even the simplest commands. Can't even use the Move tool. Tried downgrading, uninstalling, reinstalling, changing scratch, updating performance preferences... nothing is making any difference. Illustrator and InDesign are both working fine, but Photoshop is now imposible to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! And checking my system requirements isn't going to help. My computer and photoshop were running perfectly fine a few weeks ago. With this new update, it takes several minutes to load and once its loaded just dragging something across the page causes it to bounce around. I literally can't work! I also downgraded and that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - really really slow, seeing the beach-ball icon on my Mac all the time, even when doign the simplest of tasks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done about that so far? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not changed anything in my setup other than update Photoshop.

The previous versions worked fine. This one doesn't.

I updated to 22.2 yesterday and still no better. 

I'm using 21.2.4 fo rnow as it's stable (and usable)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for general trouble-shooting and about performance so far? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

What are your Scratch Disk settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both 22.2 and 21.2.4 are using identical settings.

Screenshot below of 21.2.4

ps_settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be using the OS disk as primary and only Scratch Disk. 

And do you really need 50 History States? 

Have you restored the Preferences yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware that I've ever changed any of those settings.

Should I be using my external drive as a scratch disk then?

Also, I have a load of custom preferences that I don't want to lose, so I've not reset the preferences.

But... my previous versions of PS have run fine... forgive me if I'm bing naive, but does that not point to there being an issue with the new release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»But... my previous versions of PS have run fine... forgive me if I'm bing naive, but does that not point to there being an issue with the new release?«

It does not prove that. 

Regarding Scratch Disks please read this: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I noticed this too. My machine is very powerful so whilst it hasn't stopped my workflow it has become a distraction. Starting up and loading PS and documents has doubled in length of time. Often it looks like it has frozen as the progress bar/wheel no longer appears when PS starts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines